Home Contacts Services & Products JPL Training Courses Links Advice RPC News Online Training Incident Reporting

RPA Services


Most users of ionising radiation (Radiation Employers) are required to appoint a Radiation Protection Adviser (RPA). RPC is an RPA organisation that can call on a highly  experienced team of Medical Physicists and Medical Technologists.  The list below provides further details of how RPC can help with all of your Radiation Protection needs.

RPC can help your organisation by:

  • Advising on the legislative requirements and assisting you in keeping you up-to-date on the new requirements of the Ionising Radiations Regulations 2017 (IRR), the Ionising Radiation (Medical Exposures) Regulations (IRMER), the Radioactive Substances Act 1993, the Radioactive Material (Road Transport) Regulations 2002 and other relevant legislation and guidance.

  • An experienced Member of Staff will undertake an annual audit of your department's compliance with the radiological protection legislation that is pertinent to your activities.  An audit report is then issued, which indicates how your department is complying with the legislation and, as necessary, providing the information required  carry out any corrective action.

  • All RPC customers are provided with a set of three handbooks.  These handbooks provide Radiology Managers and Radiation Protection Supervisors (RPS) with the information necessary to enable them to comply with IRR, IRMER and the Quality Assurance (QA) requirements demanded by IRR.  Additionally it also provides an outline record keeping system consisting of relevant forms etc. that can be customised for individual departments.

  • RPC provides local rules for all  the controlled areas in your radiology department.  As necessary RPC will also provide your department with plans for dealing with emergency situations.

  • The plans for any new and refurbished X-ray rooms must be approved by and RPA.  RPC provides such a service and will advise, as necessary on the design of X-ray rooms.

  • Any radiation incidents must be reported in the first instance to your RPA, who will then decide if the incident is serious enough to be reported to the relevant overseeing body (i.e. Heath and Safety Executive (HSE), Care Quality Commission (CQC) etc.).

  • Where  necessary RPC will liaise with Government Inspectors, on your behalf..

  • RPC can act as a  Medical Physics Expert (MPE) for diagnostic medical exposures.

Back to the Top

For further information call RPC on 020 8725 1050/1


Home ] Contacts ] Services & Products ] JPL ] Training Courses ] Links ] Advice ] RPC News ] Online Training ] Incident Reporting ]